22 May 2011

Columbus, OH Large Meteor 22MAY2011

Columbus, Ohio Large Meteor 1:30 am EST 22MAY2011
Sunday May 22nd 2011- 1:30 AM
I'm in Columbus, OH. I noticed what I thought was the moon being obstructed by cloud cover.As I watched, I noticed it change shape. I realized there was zero cloud cover and this object had a glowing "tail". It actually seemed like the path it was traveling was glowing. It was LARGE and was gone in 10-15 seconds......after I noticed it. Total observation time was about 30 seconds. Like I said, I mistook it for the moon. This was a large object. I was facing east and the object was traveling south/ southwest. Can you tell me anything about it? I witnessed something like this before but on a much grander scale 10 years ago in Dayton. I contacted numerous people and agencies to no avail. I would like to know that someone else saw it. It had a bright orange color to it.
Thanks for your time. -Rob H



Photos? Videos?
Please help out with information. We need the Date and Time of these events, please let me know your Location (town,city), Start and Stop location in sky, Direction of movement, Brightness (venus, moon, Sun), color, sounds? Thank you!
LunarMeteoriteHunter@gmail.com

2011 Year of Green Meteors!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We saw it in Latvia, Riga, arond 3am, for 4 secs. Like a big falling star or something. Maybe You got it on camera? My mail mako_kl@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

22May 3:00 AM GMT+2 Latvia, I saw a big, long, bright green, slow moving meteorite heading NE, all the surounding became a bit brighter, felt like someone launced fireworks very very high in the sky but no it was the biggest meteorite I`ve ever seen in my entire life.

Anonymous said...

I live in Land O Lakes, FL and around same time I saw a blue light in sky, it was rather low and appeared to move very quick! It would disappear then show up again for about 10min. then poof it was gone. It waas moving up, down, east then west.

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CtD5vwraCc&feature=player_embedded

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ67XumibzQ&feature=player_embedded