28 June 2011

Romania Meteor 25JUN2011

Romania Meteor ~11:00 pm 25JUN2011
I think I saw that too. I'm from Romania and I think I saw it at 11, or even later. I didn't remember. But I saw it in south. It wasn't so bright. first it was orange, than blue, than again orange. It was a little bit bigger than a star, so I knew that it was a meteorite. Duration of event: I think 1-2 sec, I dont know surely, because I was very excited. That was the first meteorite I have seen! -Crobi

Anyone else see this in Romania?  Different date or time please send your report!  It appears that this was widely seen but only one report.  Please help.  If you do not write English please write in Romanian and I will attempt to get it translated.  Thank you! -Tokyo

We need:
Date and Time of event? Location name (town,city) where you were when saw the meteor? Start and Stop location in sky? Direction of movement? Duration of Event (seconds)? Brightness ( in comparison with Venus, Moon, Sun) color, sounds? Photos? Videos? 
please email LunarMeteoriteHunter@gmail.com Your reports make it possible for all to check what they saw as well. Thank you!
2011 Year of Meteors!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not sure if this is what I saw? But I happened to look out the window tonight around 9:40pm and I saw what I thought was a light on an airplane at first and then I noticed it looked like a fireball as it got closer and it moved very fast across the sky, faster than you would see an airplane move. I was this from my home in Lincoln,NE, USA.