13 August 2011

Japan Daytime Point-Source Astroidial Meteor Outbreak Event "Jim Gamble" 11AUG2011

Japan Daytime Point-Source Astroidial Meteor Outbreak Event "Jim Gamble" Witnessed from Tokyo 11AUG2011
  At approximately between 6:35-6:45 pm 11AUG2011, I witnessed a point-source burst with a large center cluster with 5-7 side bursts while standing on my balcony facing approximately due West just prior to sunset. At first I thought I was seeing fireworks!!!....  Stunned with awe, I ran into my apartment to grab a camera but the batteries were missing and it took time to locate a second camera.  By the time I got back outside (approximately 3 minutes) the event was no longer visible.
  If any Japanese Allsky or Japanese Radio Astronomers captured this event please contact me.  Thank you!
Dirk Ross, LunarMeteorite*Hunter, Tokyo, Japan.
 Please email LunarMeteoriteHunter@gmail.com

Date and Time of event? Location name (town,city) where you were when saw the meteor? Start and Stop location in sky? Direction of movement? Duration of Event (seconds)? Brightness ( in comparison with Venus, Moon, Sun) color, sounds? Photos? Videos? please email LunarMeteoriteHunter@gmail.com Your reports make it possible for all to check what they saw as well. Thank you!
2011 Year of Meteors!