30 September 2011

Ipswich, Australia Meteor 30SEP2011

Ipswich, Australia Meteor 5:00 am 30SEP2011
I saw a ball of fire shoot across the sky at 5am this morning (30/09/11) in Ipswich, Australia.
- Sahra Watkins Thank you Sahra!

Lillian Rock, New South Wales, Australia Large Fireball ~5:00 am 
Hello Lunar Meteorite Hunter,  This morning at approx 5am (I cannot give the exact moment) I saw a large ball of fire. I was looking into the southern sky, the fire ball was at approx 30 degrees travelling from the west to the east.  I am at Lillian Rock Northern New South Wales Australia.
It as a large ball of fire. It as the colour of fire, the sphere had a fiery outline, I could not see any tail, smoke, debris or anything else. It was travelling slow enough for me to realise I was seeing something and to take a conscious look at it. It was in my vision for approx 2-3 secs.
Thank you. -Marie Cameron  Thank you Marie!

Brisbane, Queensland Australia Meteor? 4:50am 30SEP2011

Hi, I am in Queensland Australia. Was heading down to Brisbane airport from Sunshine Coast (North) and about 4.50am this morning about 50kms out of Brisbane viewed what looked like a fireball or a very large shooting star falling out of the sky, we saw it for about 2mins and then it disappeared into the vicinity of Moreton Bay. It was white/yellow and very bright in appearance.
It is now 7.30am and I have not heard anything in the media about it. -Michelle
Thank you Michelle!


Burleigh, Queensland
I was driving to work on the 30th of sept 2011 in Burleigh, gold coast Queensland, at aprox 5am and as I was sitting at the traffic lights I saw the meteor heading south. It was quite bright but had a visible flame to it, and lasted for a few seconds. Just before it burnt out it had a little split second bit of a sparky tail shoot out, but not much. Was a little confused at first because it was my 1st sighting of one and have been constantly searching the net for other sightings! Thanks Ben.  Thank you Ben!
We need your sighting reports:
Date and Time of event? Location name (town,city) where you were when saw the meteor? Start and Stop location in sky? Direction of movement? Duration of Event (seconds)? Brightness ( in comparison with Venus, Moon, Sun) color, sounds? Photos? Videos? please email LunarMeteoriteHunter@gmail.com Your reports make it possible for all to check what they saw as well. Thank you! 2011The Year of Meteors!