20 September 2011

California Meteor Fireball 7:00 p.m. PDT, 19SEP2011

Pasadena, CA Meteor Fireball 7:00 p.m. PDT, 19SEP2011
This evening at approx. 7 p.m. I witnessed a fireball with a trail in the North, Northeaster sky directly above the San Gabriel Mountains. The event lasted approx. 5-10 seconds.
I hope this is of help. Sincerely, -Juan Samartin  Thank you Juan!

Anaheim Hills, CA at 7:15 PM
Viewed 9/19/11 in Anaheim Hills, CA at 7:15 PM I walked outside for some fresh air and looked up in the sky next thing you know I seen the brightest ball of light in the sky with a pronounced tail. I thought it was a shooting star but it was much brighter than anything I've ever seen. It lasted about 5-7 seconds it went from east to west. It was amazing!
Thank you! -Elizabeth Thank you Elizabeth!
Photo taken of Meteor? at ~7:15 pm
(c) 2011 Fannie
San Ramon, Ca
I saw this around 7:15 pm September 19, 2011 from San Ramon, Ca as I was walking to my car. It was travelling in a SW direction. It was bright orange and had a very long tail. I took this picture with my Blackberry Torch.. Blessings, -Fannie  Thank you Fannie!  Great job in taking a photograph!


We need your sighting reports:
Date and Time of event? Location name (town,city) where you were when saw the meteor? Start and Stop location in sky? Direction of movement? Duration of Event (seconds)? Brightness ( in comparison with Venus, Moon, Sun) color, sounds? Photos? Videos? please email LunarMeteoriteHunter@gmail.com Your reports make it possible for all to check what they saw as well. Thank you! 2011 Year of Meteors!