22 November 2011

Upton, MA Meteor 21NOV2011

Upton, MA Meteor ~11:28 pm EST 21NOV2011
On 11/21/11 approximately 11:28 pm I saw a low meteor. It was
going east to west with a 1/4 moon magnitude (very bright) green and
yellow. I think this is copper and sodium so perhaps it was satellite
or booster rocket debris burning up on reentry. It lasted 2 to 2.5
seconds and I wish I had my camera or cell phone. It was very wide so
I think it was low and no sound. I am in Upton, MA 42.17 N -71.61 W. Regards,
Dennis Kloepping  Thank you Dennis!

Any other sighting reports? 
Please report: Date and Time of event? Location name (town,city) where you were when saw the meteor? Start and Stop location in sky? Direction of movement? Duration of Event (seconds)? Brightness ( in comparison with Venus, Moon, Sun) color, sounds? Photos? Videos? please email LunarMeteoriteHunter@gmail.com Your reports make it possible for all to check what they saw as well. Thank you! 2011 The Year of Meteors!