04 June 2016

TN Fireball Meteor 03JUN2016

Knoxville, TN Fireball Meteor 2115 Eastern 03JUN2016

Report your meteor sightings please-
http://lunarmeteoritehunters.blogspot.jp/2000/11/meteor-fireball-report-form.html

Please help get the word about this event so that we might recover security camera video or cell phone captures.
If you have a video or still image please send to me @ drtanuki@gmail.com ; Thank you!
Report-
David Hunter wrote-
I am in knoxville TN. I saw a big beautiful meteor tonight. I am guessing like 9:15. It came north to south and was as large as maybe 1/3 the size of the moon. I have seen many meteors. Never like this one. It almost looked to big. Beautiful , bright white. I'd love to see some pictures if anyone got them.
I scared my family to death when I jumped up and yelled woooooo!
Let me know if you have any pics. Thanks. -David Hunter

All meteor sighting reports can be seen here
http://thelatestworldwidemeteorreports.blogspot.com/
2016 The THIRD Year of "CERTAIN Uncertainty" ™ / Meteors, Asteroids, Comets, and MORE!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I believe I saw the same thing in Chattanooga. I had a similar response as you; it was quite shocking. I was on my back patio when I saw a bright light streak across the sky. I too have seen many meteor showers but none compared to what I saw last night. It almost seemed to burnout in a white and green color. It was significantly larger than any meteor I've ever seen. My boyfriend saw the sky light-up as well. I'm glad to know someone else saw this!

Wayne said...

I'm in Qld Australia and saw the same meteor, it was huge, biggest I've ever seen, wish I had some footage too.